Tuesday, June 28, 2011

SUN

The sun shined brightly today.

I felt the warmth of its embrace as I walk in the streets of Makati. It felt good to see the sun shine again after a week of pouring rain. Somehow it made me feel better and a little less melancholic. Suddenly my mood changed. I almost wanted to sing Kevyn Lettau’s Sunlight out loud where the lyrics go “I think about the morning and it warms my heart”.

It is amazing how certain things around us can affect us. How a small gesture of appreciation, thoughtfulness and concern could warm our hearts and make us smile, or how some trivial things make us sad. But ultimately, it is our perception of things that can make us feel the way we feel.

Then, I realized just like the sun we also have a certain effect on others. Good or bad we don’t have any control. And that is the hardest part of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment