Friday, August 12, 2011

Sunset



I just saw one of the many magnificent sunset God has ever created today and felt blessed!

Ironically, it was the first time I appreciated heavy traffic on my way home. Because it gave me that precious 3-minute window of opportunity to capture the moment. A moment that seems to be God's way of showing a graceful bow after a great performance!

Last month, I met a girl on a friend's birthday party. I don't know how we came to talk about writing down 100 blessings per day for seven days project. But what she shared to me was really insightful. She told me, she did try to do this when she was so down. And it made her realize that the only reason she was feeling low is because she was focusing all her energy on the negative.


She encouraged me to try it too. Convinced as I was, I immediately tried making my list when I got home. I didn't realize it was difficult to list down 100 blessings every day for 7 days. I always end up at #30 or 40. Then eventually gave up doing my list. Until this moment came, I realized that every breath I take is a blessing in itself and that is definitely more than a hundred or else... =P

Every breath, every moment and every opportunity to appreciate life is a blessing. But it is up to you where you want to focus your energy to.

"If there is something in your life you don't want, stop worrying about it. The energy you put into it keeps it alive. Try to withdraw from it and it will likely go away" - Andrew Matthews, Happiness in a Nutshell

1 comment:

  1. I love this: "Every breath, every moment and every opportunity to appreciate life is a blessing. But it is up to you where you want to focus your energy to."

    Your wisdom is immense! :)

    ReplyDelete