Thursday, July 14, 2011

JUST QUIT!

Looking for something you lost or misplaced can sometimes get frustrating.
And it always happens to me.

I don’t know why but every time I organize my stuff I end up forgetting where I kept them. Sometimes it’s better put all my “daily” things on top of my desk to see them quickly.

But have you ever noticed that when you stop looking for a particular thing you lost or misplaced, it suddenly pops out from nowhere. And you wonder how come you didn’t see it when you were looking for it? Even if you already turned your room upside down. I haven’t found any article or scientific explanation on this extraordinary event, but I think it happens to most of us. Raise your hand if you agree! 

If the same principle applies to finding everything in this world, would you stop looking for love? According to Erickson's stages of development, at the age of 18-35 people naturally seek for  mutually satisfying relationships primarily through marriage and friends. To my aunts this is called the "marrying age" and you SHOULD get married. It is a must. Every reunion the first question they ask me is "when are you getting married?" If I answer, I have no plans yet. They will continue to probe and ask why. I'm sure some of you have experienced this once or many times now if you're still not building your own family. And because of this we sometimes feel pressured to find it.
 
A lot of people rant endlessly on why they couldn’t find their perfect match. They try to search for it, conform for it, and change for it and so on. But nothing really matters. Because there is a perfect time and place for everything as in everything! not just love. Your plans and your life will unfold and make sense. So don't be pressured but BE PREPARED.

So to all the single ladies & gentlemen out there put your hands up! And just quit finding it!

Let life surprise you.


3 comments:

  1. For starters, at 37 do I still belong to that stage? Hahaha. I am one of those who live in the clutter, so I'm at your side sister. When people are bugging me about finding the right person, I usually tell them that "who says I'm not in love at this stage? It's just I love being single but my heart is still open for a relationship and time will come somebody is going to go in there."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your comment ate vange! anyway recent studies show that a lot of people nowadays get married in their mid 30's habol pa yan hahaha ;-)

    ReplyDelete